Dublin, July 12, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The “Whey Protein (Powder and Concentrate) Market – Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global whey protein market is expected to exhibit strong growth during 2021-2026. Whey accounts for almost 20% of the protein content of cow’s milk and is considered beneficial for the human body. It offers numerous health advantages such as building muscles, promoting fat loss, repairing muscle tissues, reducing stress and inflammation, lowering blood pressure and cholesterol levels, preventing diseases and promoting overall health. Some of the factors which are augmenting the demand for whey protein are inflating disposable incomes, rising demand from developing markets and the emerging trend of consuming protein-based drinks. Looking forward, the publisher expects the global whey protein (powder and concentrate) market to grow at a CAGR of around 9% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
Global Whey Protein Market Drivers:
Due to the rising prevalence of lifestyle diseases and growing health awareness among consumers, people are now joining gyms and fitness centers. As protein supplements are often recommended in these centers, the demand for whey protein is proliferating at a rapid pace.
As whey protein possesses anti-bacterial and anti-hypertensive properties, it finds applications in the food industry for preparing snacks, cereals, chocolates, beverages, infant formula, dairy products and bakery items. With rising global population and changing dietary habits of people, the food industry is experiencing a robust growth, which in turn, is catalyzing the growth of the whey protein market.
Unlike other dairy products, the shelf life of whey protein is comparatively higher owing to which it can last for months while retaining its original properties. In addition to this, as whey protein is generally available in powdered state, it can be easily transported from one place to another.
Breakup by Product Type:
On the basis of type, the market has been segmented into whey protein concentrates, isolate and hydrolysates. At present, whey protein isolate represents the most popular product type as it is one of the fast-absorbing sources of protein which assists in building lean muscles.
Breakup by Application:
Based on applications, the market has been classified as food and beverages, nutrition products and pharmaceuticals, feed applications and others. Amongst these, the nutrition and pharmaceutical segment accounts for the majority of the market share.
On a geographical front, the European Union enjoys the leading position in the global whey protein market. This can be attributed to the rising awareness about the health benefits of whey protein amongst the populace of the region. It is followed by North America, Oceania, Eastern Europe and Latin America.
The global whey protein market is fragmented in nature due to the presence of numerous small and large manufacturers who compete against one another in terms of prices and quality. Some of these key players include:
- Arla Foods
- Agropur Inc.
- Hilmar Cheese Company, Inc.
- Glanbia Plc
- Kerry Group Plc
- Milk Specialties Global
- Leprino Foods Company
- Grande Cheese Company
- Lactalis Group
This report provides a deep insight into the global whey protein industry covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter’s five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. The report also provides a comprehensive analysis for setting up a whey protein manufacturing plant. The study analyses the processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the whey protein industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global whey protein market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global whey protein market?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global whey protein market?
- What are the major application segments in the global whey protein market?
- What are the key product types in the global whey protein market?
- What are the price trends of whey protein?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global whey protein industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global whey protein industry?
- What is the structure of the global whey protein market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global whey protein market?
- What are the profit margins in the global whey protein market?
- What are the key requirements for setting up a whey protein manufacturing plant?
- How is whey protein manufactured?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a whey protein manufacturing plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a whey protein manufacturing plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a whey protein manufacturing plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a whey protein manufacturing plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for whey protein?
- What are the transportation requirements for whey protein?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a whey protein manufacturing plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a whey protein manufacturing plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a whey protein manufacturing plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a whey protein manufacturing plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a whey protein manufacturing plant?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a whey protein manufacturing plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?
Key Topics Covered:
2 Scope and Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4.2 Key Industry Trends
5 Global Whey Protein Industry
5.1 Market Overview
5.2 Market Performance
5.2.1 Volume Trends
5.2.2 Value Trends
5.3 Impact of COVID-19
5.4 Price Analysis
5.4.1 Key Price Indicators
5.4.2 Price Structure
5.4.3 Price Trends
5.5 Market Breakup by Type
5.6 Market Breakup by Application
5.7 Market Breakup by Region
5.8 Market Forecast
5.9 SWOT Analysis
5.10 Value Chain Analysis
5.10.1 Raw Material Procurement
5.11 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
5.11.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
5.11.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
5.11.4 Degree of Competition
5.11.5 Threat of New Entrants
5.11.6 Threat of Substitutes
5.12 Key Success Factors and Risk Factors
6 Market Breakup by Type
6.1 Whey Protein Concentrate
6.1.1 Market Trends
6.1.2 Market Forecast
6.2 Whey Protein Isolate
6.2.1 Market Trends
6.2.2 Market Forecast
6.3 Whey Protein Hydrolysates
6.3.1 Market Trends
6.3.2 Market Forecast
7 Market Breakup by Application
7.1 Food and Beverages
7.1.1 Market Trends
7.1.2 Market Forecast
7.2 Nutrition Products and Pharmaceuticals
7.2.1 Market Trends
7.2.2 Market Forecast
7.3 Feed Applications
7.3.1 Market Trends
7.3.2 Market Forecast
7.4.1 Market Trends
7.4.2 Market Forecast
8 Market Breakup by Region
8.1 European Union
8.1.1 Market Trends
8.1.2 Market Forecast
8.2 North America
8.2.1 Market Trends
8.2.2 Market Forecast
8.3.1 Market Trends
8.3.2 Market Forecast
8.4 Eastern Europe
8.4.1 Market Trends
8.4.2 Market Forecast
8.5 Latin America
8.5.1 Market Trends
8.5.2 Market Forecast
8.6.1 Market Trends
8.6.2 Market Forecast
9 Competitive Landscape
9.1 Market Structure
9.2 Key Players
10 Whey Protein Manufacturing Process
10.1 Product Overview
10.2 Detailed Process Flow
10.3 Various Types of Unit Operations Involved
10.4 Mass Balance and Raw Material Requirements
11 Project Details, Requirements and Costs Involved
11.1 Land Requirements and Expenditures
11.2 Construction Requirements and Expenditures
11.3 Plant Machinery
11.4 Machinery Pictures
11.5 Raw Material Requirements and Expenditures
11.6 Raw Material and Final Product Pictures
11.7 Packaging Requirements and Expenditures
11.8 Transportation Requirements and Expenditures
11.9 Utility Requirements and Expenditures
11.10 Manpower Requirements and Expenditures
11.11 Other Capital Investments
12 Loans and Financial Assistance
13 Project Economics
13.1 Capital Cost of the Project
13.2 Techno-Economic Parameters
13.3 Product Pricing and Margins Across Various Levels of the Supply Chain
13.4 Taxation and Depreciation
13.5 Income Projections
13.6 Expenditure Projections
13.7 Financial Analysis
13.8 Profit Analysis
14 Key Player Profiles
14.1 Arla Foods
14.2 Agropur Inc.